Seeking a full-time operations manager to expand our team and its capabilities. The operations manager will be tasked with streamlining the daily activities in both the marina and service departments.This integral role will support our existing team of technicians, dock staff, and laborers while simultaneously seeking out and facilitating training for new employees from multiple trades. This is an excellent opportunity to create and cultivate a team for a growing boatyard.
The operations manager’s job responsibilities include:
- Develop customer relations through consistent, efficient communication
- Attract and retain new customers
- Manage employee hours and minimize non-billable work
- Oversee the maintenance and development of facilities and property
- Maintain work safety standards
- Identify workforce needs and fulfill employment voids
- Source training opportunities for employees
The operations manager should have management experience. A technical background with experience diagnosing and repairing vessel systems is a plus. Boat operation experience is necessary. The ideal candidate will have at least five to 10 years of marine industry work experience that includes management and/or supervision. A valid driver’s license is required.
This is a full-time position with benefits that include paid time off and health insurance.