Seeking a full-time marine operations manager to expand our team and its capabilities. The operations manager will be tasked with streamlining the daily activities in both the marina and service departments at our growing boatyard.This integral role is a bridge between the marina, service yard and customers. S/he will support our existing team of technicians, dock staff, and laborers while simultaneously seeking out and facilitating training for new employees from multiple trades. This is an excellent opportunity to create and cultivate a team for a growing boatyard.
The operations manager’s job responsibilities include:
- Develop customer relations through consistent, efficient communication
- Attract and retain new customers
- Manage employee hours and minimize non-billable work
- Oversee the maintenance and development of facilities and property
- Maintain work safety standards
- Identify workforce needs and fulfill employment voids
- Source training opportunities for employees
The operations manager should have management experience in a marine environment, preferably at a boatyard or marina. A technical background with experience diagnosing and repairing vessel systems is a plus. Boat operation experience is necessary. The ideal candidate will have at least five to 10 years of marine industry work experience that includes management and/or supervision. A valid driver’s license is required.
This is a full-time position with benefits that include paid time off, an employer-sponsored retirement plan, and health insurance.