Seeking a full-time service writer/supervisor to support our marine repair and maintenance team. The service supervisor will be the primary liaison between customers and service technicians. S/he will communicate directly with boat owners and captains, schedule service work, provide customer updates, and manage work orders in the computer.
The marine service supervisor’s job responsibilities include:
- Develop customer relations through consistent, efficient communication
- Attract and retain new customers
- Produce cost estimates
- Schedule and track repairs and service
- Minimize non-billable work
- Review work performed and ensure quality
- Maintain work safety standards
- Identify workforce needs and fulfill employment voids
The marine service supervisor should have a basic technical background with experience diagnosing vessel systems. Boat operation experience is necessary. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of marine industry work experience that includes customer service. A valid driver’s license is preferred.
This is a full-time position with benefits that include paid time off, employee-sponsored retirement plan, and health insurance.