Cape Charles Yacht Center is hiring a Harbor Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for repairs, maintenance and cleanliness of the Cape Charles Harbor and Yacht Center property and equipment. This person will also support the office staff in answering radio calls, making reservations, and processing payments. The Cape Charles Harbor and Yacht Center provides a fun, laid-back atmosphere while working on the water. We interact with a diverse background of patrons of the harbor to include watermen, law enforcement, Coast Guard, charter captains, sailors, powerboaters, jet skiers, fishermen, tourists and locals. No two days at this job are the same. The ideal candidate will be flexible, good natured, and ready to drop what they are doing to help a customer. He or she will report directly to the Dockmaster. This job has a flexible schedule but will require some weekend and holiday work.
The ideal candidate will possess basic knowledge in the following areas:
- Interpersonal and people skills
- Basic computer skills
- Small engine repair
- Lawn Care
- Boating, trailering and knot tying
- Hauling trash and cleaning
Other qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work outside in a wide range of weather conditions
- Ability to work well in a team first setting
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Posses a drivers license and a clean driving record with the means to get to and from work
- Boaters license (preferred but not required)
This is a full-time, year-round position with benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, and an employee-sponsored retirement plan. Please apply online or email your resume to email@example.com.