Seeking a full-time marine service manager to expand our team and its capabilities. The service manager will be tasked with managing the existing team of technicians and laborers while simultaneously seeking out and training new employees from multiple trades. This is an excellent opportunity to create and cultivate a team for a growing boatyard.
The marine service manager’s job responsibilities include:
- Develop customer relations through consistent, efficient communication
- Attract and retain new customers
- Produce cost estimates
- Schedule and track repairs and service
- Manage employee hours and minimize non-billable work
- Review work performed and ensure quality
- Maintain work safety standards
- Identify workforce needs and fulfill employment voids
- Source training opportunities for employees
The marine service manager should have a technical background with experience diagnosing and repairing vessel systems. Boat operation experience is necessary. The ideal candidate will have at least five to 10 years of marine industry work experience that includes management and/or supervision. A valid driver’s license is required.
This is a full-time position with benefits that include paid time off and health insurance.